5. Percentage of total transactions.
6. Percentage of transaction range group.
7. Percentages also appear in TABLE I.
8. This category is composed of newly-formed acquiring persons and transactions withdrawn before staff could make a detailed analysis of the acquisition.
9. This category is composed of newly-formed acquiring persons, foreign acquiring persons with no United States revenues, and acquiring persons who had not derived any revenues from their investments at the time of filing.
10. The assets of the acquired entity were taken from responses to Item 2(b)(i) (Assets to be Acquired) or from Items 4(a) or (b) (SEC documents and annual reports) of the premerger notification and report form.
11. The assets were not available primarily because the acquired entity's financial data was consolidated within its ultimate parent.
12. The sales of the acquired entity were taken from Items 4(a) and (b) (SEC documents and annual reports) or responses to Item 5 (dollar revenues) of the premerger notification and report form.
13. Transactions in this category are represented by the acquisitions of newly-formed corporations or corporate joint ventures from which no sales were generated, and acquisitions of assets which had produced no sales or revenue during the year prior to filing the notification and report form.
14. 2-digit SIC codes are part of the system of Standard Industrial Classification established by the United States Government Standard Classification Manual, 1987, Executive Office of the President - Office of Management and Budget. The SIC groupings used in this table were determined from responses submitted by filing parties to Item 5 of the premerger notification and report form.
15. Transactions included in this category represent newly-formed companies, companies with no United States operations and notifications filed by some individuals.
16. Transactions in this category include filings by newly-formed entities.
17. The intra-industry transactions column identifies the number of acquisitions in which both the acquiring and acquired persons derived revenues in the same industry.
18. Represents deviation in percentage points from Fiscal 1997 percentage.
NOTE: Detail may not add to total due to rounding.
1. See Figure 3.
2. See Appendix A.
3. See pp.20-30 infra.
4. See pp.10-19 infra.
5. See p.9 infra.
6. See Appendix A; see Figure 2 infra.
7. 43 Fed. Reg. 33450 (1978). The rules also appear in 16 C.F.R. Parts 801 through 803. For more information concerning the development of the rules and operating procedures of the premerger notification program, see the second, third and seventh annual reports covering the years 1978, 1979 and 1983, respectively.
8. 48 Fed. Reg. 34427 (1983) (codified at 16 C.F.R. Parts 801 through 803).
9. 52 Fed. Reg. 7066 (1987) (codified at 16 C.F.R. Parts 801 through 803).
10. 52 Fed. Reg. 20058 (1987) (codified at 16 C.F.R. Parts 801 through 803).