SEC. 3. COAST GUARD PORT SECURITY TASK FORCE.
(a) ESTABLISHMENT.―The Commandant of the Coast Guard, in cooperation with the Maritime Administration and the United States Customs Service, shall establish a Port Security Task Force―
(1) to implement the provisions of this Act;
(2) to coordinate programs to enhance the security and safety of United States seaports;
(3) to provide long-term solutions for seaport safety issues;
(4) to coordinate the security operations of local seaport security committees; and
(5) to ensure that the public and local seaport security committees are kept informed about seaport security enhancement developments.
(b) MEMBERSHIP; CONSULTATION.―The Task Force shall include representatives of the Maritime Administration and the United States Customs Service. In carrying out its responsibilities under this Act, the Task Force shall consult with other departments and agencies of the United States, States, and local governments with an interest in port security and port security-related matters, and with representatives of the private sector with an interest or expertise in port security and port security-related matters.
(c) AUTHORIZATION OF APPROPRIATIONS.―There are authorized to be appropriated to the Secretary of Transportation for activities of the Task Force―
(1) $5,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2003 and 2004; and
(2) $3,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2005 and 2006.
SEC. 4. PORT SECURITY THREAT ASSESSMENTS.
(a) IN GENERAL.―The Task Force shall develop standards and procedures for the conduct of seaport security threat assessments for United States seaports, and for the review and revision, if necessary, of those assessments not less frequently than triennially.
(b) MAPS AND CHARTS.―
(1) COLLECTION AND DISTRIBUTION.―The Task Force shall, working through local seaport security committees where appropriate
(A) collect maps and charts of all United States seaports that clearly indicate the location of infrastructure and overt-security equipment;and
(B) make those maps and charts available, on a secure and confidential basis, to―